West Hills Baptist Church
“A Family of Friends”
“Serving Christ in our community and around the world,
calling people to develop and deepen their relationship
with a living and loving God”
February 25, 2018
Our 50th Year!
2018: Any Gospel Conversations This Week?
"Meet & Greet" / Welcome & Announcements /Tithes & Offerings
Offertory: Your Grace Still Amazes Me
202 - All Hail the Power of Jesus Name
He Is Exalted - O Come Let us Adore Him
550 - I’d Rather Have Jesus
Be Unto Your Name
604 - Come All Christians Be Committed
*9:00am – Sunday School
*10:15am – Morning Worship Service
*6:00pm – Bible Fellowship Time / Birthday and Anniversary Celebrations for
February! We’re having pie!
Workers During The Morning Worship Service
Nursery – (2/25) – Henri Doyle
(3/4) – Henri Doyle
Preschool – (2/25) – Karen Walker
(3/4) – Kristen Durnell
~ THIS WEEK ~
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28th
•7:00pm – We are doing a weekly chapter-by-chapter overview
of the Book of Exodus. Your assignment for this coming Wednesday is to read Exodus
•7:00pm – Rock Solid Youth Ministry/Stepping Stones & Solid Rock Café’
Missional Engagement / Intentional Discipleship
Join Us, The Rock Solid Youth Group
Stepping Stones & The Solid Rock Café
Each Wednesday @ 7pm
Rock Solid Youth Group: Stepping Stones & Solid Rock Cafe'
Come, invite and bring your friends!
Note: Because of flooding in Marietta, Ohio,
Filipino Missionary Orlando Briones who was supposed to be with us today, has
asked us to reschedule him at a later date.
Special Offering being received in February!
The Solid Rock Café will be collecting funds for the Aaron Anthony children in
Ghana, Africa for the children’s school fees.
We have been blessed by having the Anthony Family with us in the past! We are
glad we have an opportunity to be a blessing to them at this time.
You have given $538.44 so far! Thank You!
Yoder Family “Fire” Offering…
We will collect funds one more day today for the Yoder family. You gave $1,012.00
Stewardship Messages: Today and March 11,18 & 25
Next Sunday, March 4th
Special Speaker, Moussa J. Moussa, originally from Syria will be with us. Pastor
Larry has known Moussa for over 36 years! You will not want to miss this powerful
servant of the Lord!
Any “Gospel Conversations” this week?
Perhaps cut this out and tape it in your Bible, Notebook,
Ipad, etc. Familiarize yourself with it so that you can confidently share the Gospel
message with others!
Romans Road To Heaven
Problem, Romans 3:23
Price, Romans 6:23
Provision, Romans 5:8
Procedure, Romans 10:9
Promise, Romans 10:13
And in March…
March 4th @ 10:15am – Communion
March 4 – 11 /Week of Prayer for Annie Armstrong Easter Offering
March 9th @ 7:00pm: Men/Boys, Women/Girls Gathering for a night of “Generational
March 10,11: Time Change Weekend
March 22nd @ 6:30pm: Ladies Bible Study/Mission House
March 23rd / 40 Days for Life / 2pm-5pm
NOTE: – Marquis Laughlin who was supposed to be with us May 20th has asked to
be rescheduled for July 8th.
Church Family Prayer Needs…
* Natalie -25 yrs. old / husband died suddenly (friends of Mary Anne Lineberry)
* Lori Grover’s Uncle Jim – complications with COPD
* Marianne McCoy – recovering from back surgery – resting at home
* Blaze Fischer – 12 yrs. old, possible heart/liver transplant
(friend of Mary Anne Lineberry)
* Sharon Simpson – recovering from having a small tumor removed
* Carolyn Barnette – Lung Cancer / Marlene Bacon’s sister
* Carolyn Kinst –disease of the brain (friends of Bob & Vicki Lawhorne)
* Barry Headlee – healing of his broken wrist
* “Wyatt” 10 yr old boy w/non Hodgkin lymphoma
* Hurricane Harvey & Irma clean-up and rebuilding
* Doug Rundquist (Bill’s son) stroke, is home now
* Steve Lucier – health issues / Brad Lucier – direction in life
* Joshua Blatz / Ted Prater / Matthew Tyson – drug addiction
* Wayne Eskridge – comfort in the loss of Tommy Lynn / settle into new home
* Christy Moore – resting at home
* Grace Ehle – Jason Long’s grandmother
* Tonya Jackson-from SC /lymphoma cancer in remission/Pastor Ken Jackson’s wife
* Betty Swoger – now living with her daughter/temporarily at Caring Heights
* David (Lydia Headlee's son) Spiritual growth/rehab. success
* WHBC - Open door for an RMU ministry
* WHBC ministries - wisdom & God's direction
* WHBC - younger families to come with babies, kids & teens
* WHBC - more workers for children's & teen ministries
* Frank Quinn - Priscilla Campbell's brother-in-law (salvation)
* Revival among the Saints of God
* Precarious state of Marriage/Morality in America
* Pray for Israel / Iraq / Afghanistan / The Middle East
* Let us fervently be praying for our nation, our President
and all of our military personnel serving this great country!
February 18, 2018
Regular Tithes & Offerings……….. $3,898.00
Yoder “Fire” Offering……….……. $1,012.00
Jeff & Arlene Berg………………... $50.00
Needed each week to meet budget: $2,828.54
Is God’s Tithe Still in Your Pocket?
Pray For Our Missionaries
Choices Pregnancy Services in Coraopolis
Chris & Beth Steiner, Nicaragua, Word Of Life
Christian Law Association - Seminole, Fla.
Filipino Missionaries w/Independent Baptist Mission for Asians
Abner & Noime Canda - Philippines
Hann & Liberty Bacoli Family - Philippines
Joey & Jemimah Cosme Family – Philippines
Joseph Landingan - Cambodia
Home Missionaries with the North American Mission Board
International Missionaries with the International Mission Board
Jeff & Arlene Berg - Jewish Missions, Pittsburgh
Kim (Wilson) Carson - California University of Pennsylvania
Igor Bagirov - serving in Cleveland, Ohio
Ken Randolph serving with Good Seed Ministries
Kirk Ritchey, Campus Ministry Director
Mike & Alicia Nicholes, South Korea, Word Of Life
Penn/Jersey Executive Director, Barry Whitworth
Spanish Baptist Church - David Diaz
Faithbridge Community Church in McKees Rocks
James & Teressa Hogan / David & Annie Christopher
Please Pray faithfully for our officers:
Deacons: Dave Cranston, Tony Durnell
Trustees: Bill Rundquist, Jason Long, Bob Lawhorne
Treasurer: Sue Pfister / Church Clerk: Sara Jane Cranston
You may view this bulletin on our website each week at www.westhillsbaptist.com
Note: We need HELPERS for our Junior Church and Pre-school areas. Even if you
could help out once a quarter/month, that would be so appreciated! Please see Rose
Wallace for further information!
Save The Date: April 28, 2018 – Ladies’ Tea